Renewable Energy Analysis
Downstream Strategies analyzes energy markets and the impacts of energy development on economies and the environment. We support strategic approaches to energy and climate change by developing plans, policies, and projects that are grounded in economic and policy analyses. We also assist communities and individuals in developing localized energy and economic transition strategies.
- Alternative energy futures and scenario development
- Analyses of energy-related permits
- Energy development and market trends analyses
- Fuel consumption and resource assessments
- Ecosystem services valuation
- Emissions of greenhouse gases and other air pollutants
- Water quality and land impacts of energy development
- Distributed energy development and feasibility studies
- Energy technology analyses
- Energy opportunities assessments
Fish Habitat Decision Support Tool
This tool provides resource managers and the public with access to the extensive spatial data and results produced from multiple fish habitat assessments. Three main analytical tools—visualization, ranking, and futuring—are combined with intuitive basemaps and mapping features to allow users to explore the details of the fish habitat assessments and perform subsequent analyses.
Morgantown Utility Board Monitor
Downstream Strategies created a web-based mapping tool that supports the utility’s source water protection efforts. It can be used to track potential contaminant sources and respond to potential spills.